Senior Director, Industry Partnerships
TheWrap has an opening for a full-time experiential sales lead. The ideal candidate will have strong entertainment industry relationships and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals at Wrap events such as The Grill and the Power Women Breakfast series. He or she should have excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, and an ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Director, Industry Partnerships will be responsible for building meaningful sponsorships and activations across TheWrap’s extensive events calendar. He or she will work closely with industry partners, helping clients identify their thoughts leaders for live events and leveraging those interactions across all TheWrap’s media channels. Travel is expected as part of the position.
- Minimum 2-years sales experience
- Trade publishing experience (print and digital)
- Strong knowledge of current industry practices
- Data research and insight experience
- Campaign execution and management experience
- Media planning
- Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- Knowledge of comScore, Google Analytics, DoubleClick products (DFA, DFP, Ad Exchange), Google Docs and @plan
- Strong communications skills
- Event experience
- Team oriented
- Industry contacts
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Art Director
Mid-level, full time, in-house contract to hire position.
Location: West Los Angeles
If you are creative and detail oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, come join our team at TheWrap News!
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The associated art director will work closely with the creative director to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a strong understanding of typography and expert-level skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat. Must possess strong visual story-telling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, PowerPoint, Digital Ad Creation, is required. Basic understanding of UI/UX. Motion graphics photography and/or Illustration, are desirable, but not required.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree desired, but will make exception for right candidate.
Skills: Adobe CC, Attention to Detail, Strong Visual Communication, Organized, Proactive, Multitasker, Professionalism, Team Player, Calm Under Pressure, Solution-Based, Data Entry, Reporting, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and Punctual.
If interested in applying, please email email@example.com
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a TV Editor editor for its Los Angeles newsroom. The candidate will be competitive, organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment. The ideal candidate should also possess stellar TV news judgment and story-assigning ability. The position reports directly to the managing editors.
- 5 or more years in a senior editorial position for a digital breaking entertainment news site, preferably with a business bent
- Experience managing editorial teams, as well as mentoring and developing younger journalists
- Strong contact list built on relationships within the TV industry
- Ability to break TV scoops, write sharp analysis stories on deadline and/or generate tips for TV reporters to chase
- Knowledge of ratings and familiarity with ratings reporting
- A competitive streak with proven track record of driving TV section traffic and picking web hits on the beat
- 24/7 obsessiveness by nature, understanding that the news cycle never sleeps
- Ability to remain calm even under deadline pressure
- Top-notch line-editing and copy-editing skills
- Superior entertainment news judgment
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
- Social media savvy, as well as familiarity with emerging web technologies
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern for its Los Angeles newsroom. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites, audience analytics tools, and technical skills. Candidates looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. You will not be grabbing coffee or making appointments. You’ll be working under experienced leadership on a fast moving team.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Influencer outreach + engagement
- Running Targeted Digital + Social Ads
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Social Listening + Finding Trends with our online listening tools
- Create engaging social media content
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Contribute with analysis of the follow: site traffic, social engagement, keywords, content verticals, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field or In Progress
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Team player and ready to learn.
Send resume to email@example.com